Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I know that there is probably a thread on this but I don't have time to look for it right now. What temp. is the fan supposed to come on? I was ideling and the temprature got up to 230 and the fan never kicked on. If there is someting wrong, how would I trouble shoot it. I will look at the fuse of course, but what is the next step. Not sure if i'm just being a bitch or there is something wrong. I didn't want to let it get too hot.

Better safe than sorry!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The fan also comes on at 220 on my 04 600. It is not very loud so u might not be able to hear it. However, if the fan is on, you should start to see a drop in temp relatively quickly. I was working on my bike the other night, and I was synching the throttle bodies. My temps quickly rose to 222 degrees and then dropped quickly back down. It is pretty obvious to tell if your fan is on by the temp gauge. If you dont see a pretty quick drop in temp upon reaching 225 or 230 then your fan might not be working properly.

I am sure someone else on here could go a lil bit more in depth for ya.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You can wire it to come on manually by simply running a switch that will short it out, if the fan is shorted out it comes on automatically. I use to have mine wired like that before I did my engine swap because I hated watching the temp climb to 220 while sitting in traffic. I decided against putting a switch on the 750 fan because I always forgot to turn the fan off once I was out of traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can wire it to come on manually by simply running a switch that will short it out, if the fan is shorted out it comes on automatically. I use to have mine wired like that before I did my engine swap because I hated watching the temp climb to 220 while sitting in traffic. I decided against putting a switch on the 750 fan because I always forgot to turn the fan off once I was out of traffic.
How can this be done my 02 600 is having this issue where my fan kicks on once shorted out. I’ve changed the thermal sensor already ima going to check my fuse but this is annoying I want to ride. So if you can tell me how this is done it would be great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts