Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some help.im literally losing sleep trying to figure out how to wire my fan.So I recently bought this 2000 gsxr 750 that was sitting for awhile and the ignition cables were cut.so I threw on an eBay ignition.but I can't figure out how where the fan goes? Also is it possible to bypass the thermal switch? Thanks and sorry I'm kinda a newb

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,385 Posts
You need to track down a service manual for the bike. The wiring diagram will tell all. The closest I have is a highly pixelated K1 600 diagram. It seems to show an O/Gn from the fan fuse to the fan connector, where it turn to Bl to the fan. Then a B runs from the fan to the connector, a B/R from the connector to the fan switch, and B/Y ground on the other side of the switch. But these colors are half guessed.

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
bypass the thermal switch as in install a remote switch? you can buy those online already wired up you just plug em in, ir sued to be able to buy em... real easy to wire up tho

I know they wire up in conjunction with thermal switch so both work, seems to me it's the same if the thermal doesn't work then the manual works, only way to tell if a manual switch will work bypassing the thermal sensor is to unplug it with manual switch hooked up, if bike runs, and fan goes on it seems it would work but are you just going to leave the fan on all the time or how will you tell the temp of the engine if you disconnect temp sensor?

exactly what are you trying to accomplish here? there is one temp sensor controls all, temp gauge, fan and computer, there is a relay involved as well, I think it enters the ECU not 1oo% on that tho? very early model so may be not?

where your manual is going to be crucial.. so you simply cannot disconnect the temp sensor and have the temp gauge still work? not real sure that's what you mean by "bypass the thermal switch" tho? and you don't know where to install the fan?

so are you thinking running without a fan? nothing needs to be bypassed if that's the case, but you want your temp sensor connected so you can read your temp gauge..

fan connects to the radiator on the inside, 3 points, you really want everything connected and working

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BillV i'm checking out the service manual and the wiring diaghram and it's giving me a good idea how it's wired.

bypass the thermal switch as in install a remote switch? you can buy those online already wired up you just plug em in, ir sued to be able to buy em... real easy to wire up tho

I know they wire up in conjunction with thermal switch so both work, seems to me it's the same if the thermal doesn't work then the manual works, only way to tell if a manual switch will work bypassing the thermal sensor is to unplug it with manual switch hooked up, if bike runs, and fan goes on it seems it would work but are you just going to leave the fan on all the time or how will you tell the temp of the engine if you disconnect temp sensor?

exactly what are you trying to accomplish here? there is one temp sensor controls all, temp gauge, fan and computer, there is a relay involved as well, I think it enters the ECU not 1oo% on that tho? very early model so may be not?

where your manual is going to be crucial.. so you simply cannot disconnect the temp sensor and have the temp gauge still work? not real sure that's what you mean by "bypass the thermal switch" tho? and you don't know where to install the fan?

so are you thinking running without a fan? nothing needs to be bypassed if that's the case, but you want your temp sensor connected so you can read your temp gauge..

fan connects to the radiator on the inside, 3 points, you really want everything connected and working
sorry i ment wiring in a simple on and off manual fan switch but keeping the thermal sensor.This was a bike i bought used that was sitting for abit but the previous owner chopped the thermal sensor plug,wired a on/off switch for the ignition,removed both stva cables,put a hayabusa exhaust manifold without tuning which is causing the bike to run lean with misfire(he claims he was trying to make a track bike build? i dont know why) I wasn't sure as this is my first gsxr and first Fi bike i've ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts