Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
converting carbs to 98\' FI system on my 96 750

I saw on Ebay that someone was selling a 98 FI setup with airbox, ecu, wiring harness, etc. What would I all need to convert, or actually ...is there anyone here that has done this? Would it be highly beneficial? Would I need to do something else to make it worth it? I know the difference when I ride my bike vs. a 98 FI bike.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
Re: converting carbs to 98\' FI system on my 96 750

its more than just fi that makes the new bike feel better. it has different sized oiling jets, and better porting in the head. this all helps with power. but if you want to do it anyway you will also need the tank and fuel pump. i havent done this myself, but im pretty sure you would need that stuff also.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yeah, that's a pretty interesting thought on the tank part. I will have to pull my buddies and mine to compare every aspect of it. As for the fuel pump...that's not a prob. I would say the head wouldn't be an issue. Just would have to tune accoringly, although I have plans of opening it up a little here and there to smooth out the combustion and flow processes anyways. Lastly to then get agressive cams maybe too. Who knows. I have a lot of things to consider. Thanks for the tips though. Anyone else who would like to add to this, I'm open ears.

~Ben

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

no advice, just a request...........keep your progress posted as im curious how e z this will be(okay nothing is easy, but i guess the best word is difficult..)

scott'

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Found it may be a little while possibly... so I will repost on this one later down the road. Have some expenses in the next few months since I'll be having a kid. I thought I was probably going to be able to do it, but my wife and I will be doing a few months off of work, so kiss my FI goodbye for now. Maybe! hehe My kid pop's on he 4th of July by the way..!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts