Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Of course. You'll have to use the 01-03 subframe though. It won't bolt up to the
SRAD subframe. I did my conversion about a month ago. There is a write-up on this
subject on here. Just look, it give a lot of useful info. I didn't have to weld my subframe
like the others though. I used a little creativity. It doesn't look bad at all.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Supergsxr, so you were able to bolt up a 01-03 subframe to the srad frame without any cut or welds. show some pics, ive thought about trying this but dont have a 01-03 sub to fuck with.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry let me clerify myself. I didn't have to weld but i had to do some cutting & grinding to the subframe. A hack saw and grinder were all the special tools i needed.

It's hard to explain without pics but i'll do my best. If someone can show me how to post pics i'll do a complete write up on this subject. Here's a rough detail on what i did:

I started by cutting the lower tabs off the new subframe as indicated on the post here on this forum on the new tail conversion.

Then i got the tabs and grinded then top and bottom until they were able to fit in the subframes tube were i cut them off. I basically reversed them and put them inside the tube.

Then i drilled holes on the outter part of the subframes tubes. (not all the way through)

I positioned the subframe and put the bolts through. Presto!!!

I know my instructions suck but someone show me how to post the pics and i'll do detailed instructions on this subject. I'm going to take some pics tomorrow and have them ready to e-mail them to anyone. But i'll take the real detailed pics this weekend when i tear my bike apart.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
you know if you took those pieces to a shop they'd weld them on for a fair price. without all the modifications.

·
Registered
83 Posts
True but I did this on a weekend and all the welding shops were closed.
Besides i wanted it done right away.

Sorry guys didn't get a chance to take any pics today but i will for sure tomorrow.
That and for some reason i wasn't able to get into the site today.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok guys i have a few pics i can either e-mail or post up here if someone can show
me how to do it.

Thanks

·
Registered
372 Posts
I understand what you did, but what im trying to figure out is how come you had to modifiy it like that, when bolted on, it would seem that before the cutting and grinding, the back sat to high. Right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dirty600: If you want i'll take my bike apart this weekend (if i don't hit up the canyons)
and i'll take some detailed pics and some measurements as well.

srad 51: The tail is the same height you would see on a 01+ 600. I'm not sure what exactly
you're asking but if i understand you right, i had to cut the subframe's lower tabs
otherwise the subframe wouldn't fit and on to of that it'll be way up in the air.

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks supergsxr for the clarification. this way is easier than cutting and welding. i think im going to have to try it out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The top tabs had to be grinded down for a little clearance.

If you guys want i can make a complete write-up of this including a good amount of pics.
I'll do everything tomorrow and post it up in the evening. The complete mod took me about 4 hrs from start to finish.

Let me know. It's not hard at all but what's easy to me can be a little harder to others and vise versa.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry guys, i know i said i was going to take apart my bike this past weekend
but i had some unexpected things happen and had to go out of town. I may be
going out of town this weekend as well so i'll just try and take a few detailed pics
of the of the bike in complete condition. I don't have time during the week to take it apart
and put it back together because i use it for work.

Dirty600: i'm going to e-mail you a couple of pics right now. I'm also going to do a brief write-up and if you guys get confused or have any questions e-mail and i'll be glad to help you.

Also if anyone knows someone who is selling a FI 750 SRAD motor please let me know.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts