Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am resident in the UK. I just got a speeding ticket from Italy for an Alleged offence on my holiday 5 months ago.

It is written in Italian and mentions 10 points and a 400 euro fine.

I think that the points are not endorsable but I don't know whether I should pay the fine.

I guess they went to quite a lot of trouble to track me down but after all this time it doesnt seem quite fair.

What would you do

Ignore the letter?
Ask for photographic evidence?
Pay the Fine?

·
Registered
147 Posts
send them a letter back telling them you don't own a bike !
To be honest I'd probably just ignore it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Our lovely Government has made it very easy for us to be prosecuted by other Gov's in Europe and the infrastructure is in place for the italians to get your local police to pay you a visit.

I would reply stating that as you are a British citizen all correspondance should be in English, that you do not understand Italian and therefore cannot be served any form of notice in the UK written in Italian as it contravenes your human rights ( to a full and fair trial).

I would leave out the piece in brackets, leave it at that and see if they reply. get a cert of posting keeping a copy of the letter to you and a copy you send back and see what happens.

By the time they reply it should be over the six months to serve an NIP and if you have a visit from dibble your covered as you've replied.

Yes sounds stupid as I read over what I've written but 10 FUCKING POINTS Protect yourself mate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats bloody bad luck mate.
we got pulled by the swiss cops.
we were doin 165mph overtaking, undertaking, riding like dick heads to be honest, ghostrider style, french cops dont give a toss, not that we saw any!

the swiss cop,
told us off "PROPPER" and had a good look around our bikes,
i think he was going to let us off, with a warning..
but he said we were riding their roads for free,
we were not displaying their road tax, so he said he had to call it in..
5 mins later he came back with a `on the spot fine`
600 swiss francs each, (£275)
we was gutted that night on our way back to chamonix.
so when we was hav`in a pint that night. and thought how lucky we was!
back in the UK we would of been fucked!
fine, ban, points, prison???

we were very lucky, hope your just as lucky, with those 10 points

hope you get off!

rick
st helens

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the UK they have to serve you with a NIP within 14 days of the offence being comitted. However, they're certain "get out" clauses on this time limit, when for example they are having trouble "tracing you" then the time limit starts as soon as they've got all the correct details to send you the NIP.

Have a look here:- http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/crimertonip.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Evs
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing