Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does any of you have friends or relatives in Japan that's willing to make a few extra bucks by picking up some parts and ship them to the US?

I've found some nice parts in Japan but they are by specialty shops that do not have an US importer, so I'm seeking some help in getting these parts.

Thanks,
Yancy

In case you're interested, these are the parts that I'm interested in.
http://www.tg-run.com/parts/gsxr1100_86_88bs.htm
http://www.tg-run.com/parts/gsxr1100_86_88link.htm

This place also makes some nice stuff, but you'll have to do digging around on the site to see them. http://www.junkie.co.jp/jun_index.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
If you can find a contact I would like to pick those parts up to. I have the same year gixxer so you know how hard it is to find acessories in the states.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
I sort-of know someone with an '85 gixxer in Japan. Let me send a couple of emails and I'll get back to you as soon as I know something. I'd like a set of those rearsets too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bcklrcr:
I sort-of know someone with an '85 gixxer in Japan. Let me send a couple of emails and I'll get back to you as soon as I know something. I'd like a set of those rearsets too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello,

Thanks for checking; please let me know if you find anything.

If you are interested in just the rear-sets, there's another company that makes a very nice set. These sets allow you to use the stock side panels, whereas the previous sets that I posted didn't.
http://www.mikuniracing.co.jp/bsgsxrother371.htm

Fred at Yoyodyne Titanium (http://www.yoyodyneti.com/) is an US distributer of Mikuni products, so he should be able to order some sets. I have a set of Mikuni rear-sets, although I didn't get them through Fred so I'm not sure if Fred is able to get them or not. It might be worth checking though.

Thanks,
Yancy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Have you tried contacting them directly by phone or even better email? All Japanese learn at least some English in high school (though most can understand written better than spoken), and I imagine they also speak the universal language of Visa. As those aren't small-dollar parts, I imagine they'd be willing to walk down to the post office for you, especially if you've got a few people looking to do a group purchase.

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MDill:
Have you tried contacting them directly by phone or even better email? All Japanese learn at least some English in high school (though most can understand written better than spoken), and I imagine they also speak the universal language of Visa. As those aren't small-dollar parts, I imagine they'd be willing to walk down to the post office for you, especially if you've got a few people looking to do a group purchase.

Matt
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I thought about that, but the only email address that I found on the web site is to the web master. I send an email to the web master but got no reply. I'll give them a call if I can't find any contacts in Japan, but I'm not too hopeful though, as English got me practically no where during my last visit to Japan.

Thanks,
Yancy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,509 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hey Tim, how are you doing?

Yeah I'll give it a shot, kind of busy, but that never seems to change


I'll give the shops a call and see what the deal is, they may or may not have stock on hand, they may make them to order.

I'll get back to you.

Cheers! Stuart & Emiko
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well guys, the ball is rolling. We'll just have to be patient and see what Stuart can find out for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yanc:


Yeah, I thought about that, but the only email address that I found on the web site is to the web master. I send an email to the web master but got no reply. I'll give them a call if I can't find any contacts in Japan, but I'm not too hopeful though, as English got me practically no where during my last visit to Japan.

Thanks,
Yancy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I stand corrected. I got an replay back from Technical Garage Run in good English. If you are interested in those parts you can contact them directly. The following is the reply that I got from them.

Thanks,
Yancy

-------------

Dear Mr. Cheng,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding motorcycle parts.
We can ship you any parts we have in stock.
You would need to pay freight cost along with the products.
Payment can be made in Japanese Yen by bank wire transfer.
Please let us know at [email protected] address which products you are interested in.
Sincerely,
Takuya Sugimoto
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top