Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
im new to this forum and the gixxer, i'm 16 at the moment and 17 in august,i live in essex Uk, i currently ride an aprilia rs50 (i love her, she's my baby but way too slow). I'm not sure what to do at 17 though, should i take my full license and get a gixxer 600 and stick restrictors in untill im use to the bike, or should i opt for a 125 and not do my full license at all? i love the look of the gixxer, its a bike im gunna get in my life but i dont know if to get it at 17. What prices should i be looking at for a good condition gixxer? either SRAD or from the K series.also does anyone know a rough insurance range i'll be looking at?
suggestions appreciated

fanks
bingers

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think you'll end up paying more for insurance then for the bike.
+1 I agree. when I was that age I had my parents help with insurance as long as I didnt do anything dumb. That shit's expensive! I would still get youre liscense though.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
you could slap on a different carb and it will be sweet. Cheap and fast as well. welcome to the GDC club tho.

P.S.
My Girlfriend has a RS50 and i'm thinking about getting another one for track. It is set up for track and got spares for street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right i have come to the decission, after looking at the gixxer SRAD and k series and the Aprilia RS125 and the Cagiva Mito 125, i'm gunna have to go with the gixxer, i cant resist it

Now the only thing left to do is wait untill im 17 so i can do my full license; how did everyone on here find it (applies to UK riders)? was it hard? i've picked up quite allot of bad habbits eg forgetting my life savers, putting my right foot down etc, would i find it 'very' hard?
lol sorry about all the questions.

cheers
bingers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts