Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't give up!!!!!

You can't beat the feeling of never pulling up to
the lights next to someone with the same bike.
Any old slob can fork over the cash for a 1000
but noone's bike will be as unique as yours. I've
spent enough on my Kat to buy a new 1000 and
whilst it may not be as fast, I know that I built
it myself and that will always bring a grin to my
face.

Just think how far you've come and how shorter
distance you have to go.

Or you could just give the bike to me...

Adrock.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Frustration is starting to get to me... I have poured a great deal of time and money into a 11 year old bike, only major parts left to purchase are the rest of my motor components and some aftermarket wheels...just starting to feel dishartened, for all the time and effort put in is the reward going to be worth it?
-Karl

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
In one word YES!

Keep at it man having something unique is cool and no one else can say that they have what you do. I've been working on mine slowly but surely and get alot of compliments on it, but it's nothing compared to your creation.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

Thanks guys I will keep at it its only time and money right?
-Karl

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
I am starting the same thing with 2 86 gixxer 750 and hope to have one done by spring.When i am done no one will have the same one and I LOVE THAT

·
Registered
520 Posts
kj you really motivated me i didnt think i could pull of the new fairings but you showed me it can be done. like they said my friends give me shit all the time about putting money into my bike but i tell em you just wait someday youll see and they will when im wuppin their asses
so dont ever give up!! did you get that oilcooler i sent you ? and how much for those marchinisis?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
With any large project goes an equally large amount of frustration.Sometimes you just have to stop and walk away from it.Then think of why you started working on it in the first place,and invision how it will look in the end,as a finished product.This usually helps me when I'm pissed off at 1:00a.m. in the garage!!!hope it helps you to.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

thanks guys the project goes on

-Karl

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Buck up little camper! I just added up all the money in mine and came up with 12,000 in the 90 from new and over 18,000 in the 88 from new and that includes the 5 re-works on the 88 and the 90 still looks pretty stock (just the way I like it0
Bones

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
KJ1, I feel your pain, I have working on my project for about a year know, If I would have never Met GixxerRacer371 (Dan)I would be riding around on a Slow, Over weight little 600, But (thanks to knowing Dan)I will have a mean ass Fucking bike, now when I get the time to finish my baby she will be unique and Make real nice power. I often think it would be so much easier just to go and buy a new bike, but then the Wife tells don't even think of ityou have to much time and money in that THING
finisk it and ride it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you include purchase price, yosh motor/nitrous kit and everything else I'm in for about 12K. If you stop, everything done until now will be wasted. And besides that you will probably see someone else riding it after they finish it. You won't like that.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Dude...i was in the same boat...got a 92 for free from a friend in lots of bags boxes and the engine was not in it...took me over 2 years...and 3 differant shops to get it running...I put in about $2500 so far....but it is worth it...the bike is unique...timeless and beautiful....if you had a new bike it would be nice...but they all look the same....get yours going and it will be admired for what it is.....im preaching...but I like older Gixxers and want to see more of them...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Paint it red.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">err Tim ya didn't suffer a head injury did ya?
or is that in refference to the Aprillia I so badly want???
get better
-Karl

1 - 16 of 16 Posts