Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading over some threads at stuntlife.com and one thing I seen really confused me, I am guessing the guy is wrong but nobody over there corrected him.

Anyway he said he lowered his bike with dog bones in the back around 1 1/2 inches and was asking how it would affect wheelies. Everyone told him it would be harder to raise it up which is obvious.....but someone said just lowering the back would lower the Balance Point :wtf that makes no sense at all to me. Wouldn't lowering it make the BP higher?

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
the effect on bp would be negligible.. it wouldn't make it harder to bring up either, in fact, having less travel/flex in the swingarm would make it easier, because instead of using energy to compress the spring, that energy will be used to raise the front.

lengthening the swingarm, on the other hand, would make bringing it up more difficult and also give you a more robust sense of bp, all other things remaining equal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Feary
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing