Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spleen is still the only iffy part of my healing. The crash ruptured it pretty good, but not enough for the surgeons to remove it. It could rupture the rest of the way and then I'd need surgery...or it could be fine and heal. 6-10 weeks and I'll be happier. X-ray today to check it showed it looks better but I have some pleural effusion around the break and the lower part of my lung. This is essentially a build-up of fluid where my lung isn't working. Exercise and time will reduce the the effusion. CT of my abdomen next Thursday wll tell the MD's what the spleen is really up to. The MD told me not to relax yet but that time is on my side. Every day that I keep the spleen the odds shift to me significantly.

My broken ribs and scapula (shoulder blade) are healing. I gotta wear a sling on my left arm to help that happen.

They took the sutures out of my wrists Monday and re-wrapped them in casts to protect them. The temporary pin in my left wrist and the casts come off in two weeks. The plates will stay in forever.

I'll have to do PT to strengthen my wrists/hands when the casts come off. I should be able to use "the bird" in traffic again soon.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
One day at a time, one at a time. Sounds too good. Cant wait to hear you say (I Rode today!!!!)

Just take it easy. No ruff sex or parties for at least 48 hours!!!!!!

Get well Tim.

Your friend in NC
Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
good so you are nearly better already !!! Don't forget to order that turbo for some winter work !!
and an 1100 motor to squeeze in there

Andy

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
They took the sutures out of my wrists Monday and re-wrapped them in casts to protect them. The temporary pin in my left wrist and the casts come off in two weeks. The plates will stay in forever.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was told my my orthopedic surgeon that it is best to remove the plates after 2 years(but not much longer than two), as the bone will actually grow around the plate and cause big problems when you are older.
My aunt had plates in her arms and hers are starting to cause lots of arthritic pain now.
I also know another guy whose are was shattered, so they have no choice but to leave the plates in, but even his doc said it is gonna be trouble in the future.
I had mine taken out in 95(2 years after the accident).

It is good to hear you are recovering nicely.:nice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts