Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there are any concealed carriers out there who have a safe/secure, but still accessible way to carry while riding. I have a Glock 20 I often carry, but I'm unable to do so while riding (which is how I mostly commute) obviously due to my shirt blowing up. I can't just tuck in my shirt or anything either because then the gun will print when I lean forward (who wants to ride with a tucked shirt anyway). A tank bag is a bad idea because then the gun is in full view when I go to put it on my belt. I was thinking about trying to put it somewhere on the inside right fairing and try to come up with a way to still access it. Only thing about that is I'm worried about heat. I don't know what temperature 10mm rounds start to cook off at, nor do I want to find out. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I carry a Ruger LCP or S&W 340PD in my inside jacket pocket. Its not very accessible but better that not carrying at all. If I'm riding into work it is my normal carry gun on my hip (HK P2000SK or HK VP9 OWB.) Once again, not very accessible but I need a high cap gun at work. The gun doesn't show as I always wear my leather jacket when riding but the holster does which I'm none to concerned about. I'd never consider mounting a gun to my bike but that's just me. As far as heat goes, I think it wouldn't get warm enough to actually ignite a primer but would think the high heat could damage the primers eventually and you may have a 'click' instead of a 'boom' at the most inopportune time.

(Most will probably say "why do you need to carry while riding?")

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd never consider mounting a gun to my bike but that's just me...

...(Most will probably say "why do you need to carry while riding?")
Yeah, I looked at my bike a realized finding a spot for it on my bike was a pretty dumbass idea. It sounded good at the time though lol. I'm in a tropical environment and honestly just ride in a long sleeve shirt. If I did ride with a jacket though, that would be good enough for me. As for your last sentence, I'm really surprised I didn't log back in and have a few people asking me that. If you carry while driving around doing everyday errands why wouldn't you carry when riding around doing everyday errands? As far as the actual commute goes, I think your more at risk on a bike than in a car. No door locks or seatbelt to help prevent a jacking. Plus I'd think it would be pretty tough to maneuver to defend yourself with fists while balancing your bike between your legs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try a Sneaky Pete holster. Comfortable, and very easy access. Wear it long hours while riding and sometimes forget its on! Here is a pic of me wearing it on my right hip.
Troy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try a Sneaky Pete holster. Comfortable, and very easy access. Wear it long hours while riding and sometimes forget its on! Here is a pic of me wearing it on my right hip.
Troy
I like that. Never seen it before, but I'd probably use it even if I'm not riding. Zero printing. Doesn'tlook like they make them for G20 though. Not too many people trying to conceal one of those lol.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I tried the Sneaky Pete holster for my PM9 & had to return it. It felt like I was wearing a laptop on my hip. Lol. It was big & bulky. I could see where it would come in handy while riding though (I never did.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use an Alien Gear iwb for daily. The Sneaky Pete is not even noticable for me while wearing. Maybe u had it directly on ur side. I keep it behind side loop. Different sizes as they are gun specific.
Not real keen on the looks...looks like a fanny pack...but who's gonna make fun of ya?! Lol
Another option is in a small tank bag. Have done that too, and works well.
Troy

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I use an Alien Gear iwb for daily. The Sneaky Pete is not even noticable for me while wearing. Maybe u had it directly on ur side. I keep it behind side loop. Different sizes as they are gun specific.
Not real keen on the looks...looks like a fanny pack...but who's gonna make fun of ya?! Lol
Another option is in a small tank bag. Have done that too, and works well.
Troy
For sure. I have to wear my pistol at about 3:00 so that is why it felt so bulky. Shoulder issues make it hard & painful for me to draw any further back.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
Get a smaller gun and pocket carry. My EDC is a Taurus TCP .380. It's tiny but a hell of a lot better than a sharp stick. Is it the gun I would pick in a gun fight? No, not my first pick - but my 12 gauge is damn hard to conceal :lmao

It's all about finding a balance between concealability and a realistic threat level. A small, "low powered" gun in your pocket at all times is a shitload better than the .44 Magnum in your safe...

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
Another consideration is that a smaller gun is less likely to cause injury to yourself in a crash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
red_bandit
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing