Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m just curious as to what you all conceal carry? I’m currently appendix carrying my Glock 26 with an extra mag on my belt. When I ride I ankle carry it.

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
I’m just curious as to what you all conceal carry? I’m currently appendix carrying my Glock 26 with an extra mag on my belt. When I ride I ankle carry it.
My Cock.>:) Wrong forum there is one for guns down below.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,858 Posts
A Deagle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How do you like the P320?
Anyone down there experience any drop failures?
I cant say ive ever dropped one of my firearms ESPECIALLY with a round chambered...im not saying it cant happen, fingers crossed it wont, but i have no negative experiences. the carry was my first sig and i kept having failure to feed issues and contact them and they asked if i had shot 350 rounds through it...i said no and they said call back if it continues after 350 and after about 350 i didnt have any issues. both the carry and subcompact had failure to feed issues though so im not sure what the deal is but definitely after 500 rounds its good to go. i love them and they are super easy to break down and clean..ex: the SC is my wifes that she never carries, the carry is mine, and we will go to the range and each time shoot between 200-300 rounds before moving to the rifles...and i can have both guns clean in under 10 minutes. beats the hell out of recreational use of a 1911, in my opinion.

·
17,010 Posts
I cant say ive ever dropped one of my firearms ESPECIALLY with a round chambered...im not saying it cant happen, fingers crossed it wont, but i have no negative experiences. the carry was my first sig and i kept having failure to feed issues and contact them and they asked if i had shot 350 rounds through it...i said no and they said call back if it continues after 350 and after about 350 i didnt have any issues. both the carry and subcompact had failure to feed issues though so im not sure what the deal is but definitely after 500 rounds its good to go. i love them and they are super easy to break down and clean..ex: the SC is my wifes that she never carries, the carry is mine, and we will go to the range and each time shoot between 200-300 rounds before moving to the rifles...and i can have both guns clean in under 10 minutes. beats the hell out of recreational use of a 1911, in my opinion.
Just wondering, I saw an article about the P320's & them having AD's when dropped.

Thanks for serving, be safe... :cheers

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never had any experience with Beretta.
I carried a Glock 21 on duty, and after 5k rounds never had a single issue.
The only reason we still use them in the Air Force is because of the surplus and all the safety features on it. The M9 is fairly heavy and a little too big for my tastes. That being said, it's a pretty reliable handgun. The only time I've had an issue is when it had too much sand covered on it in Afghanistan... a simply slap/rack/fire fixed that issue.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
In 1988 or 89, my gun nut roommate had a S&W 357 maximum (no, not magnum... google it). He also had a deagle... but in those days, it wasn't a .50 like today.

That S&W was probably one of the only carries that was actually LESS concealable than a deagle :lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In 1988 or 89, my gun nut roommate had a S&W 357 maximum (no, not magnum... google it). He also had a deagle... but in those days, it wasn't a .50 like today.

That S&W was probably one of the only carries that was actually LESS concealable than a deagle :lol

I shot one of these a few years ago. Completely overkill, one of those things like hmm how big can we make a handgun.

·
17,010 Posts
Dating myself here.
Long story, but bear with me.

My first duty carry weapon was a S&W 681, I was even issued a 6 rd. dump pouch..:facepalm
I put a few hundreds round thru at the range in the few years I carried it & never had an issue.
Then one night after a bar fight, of few us were standing by as the place closed and the crowd displaced.
I see a guy go into his car about 5 yards away, he reaches down under the drivers seat and pulls out
what looked like a dark-colored, semi-auto pistol.

At this point I have no idea why he's getting his pistol or what intends to do with it.
As I'm yelling commands at him I slid behind the rear of the two cars parked in front of his, trying to find the best cover.
The guy is walking away from me at a 45 degree angle towards the bar, and he's slowly bringing the pistol up
to a low ready. After what seems like forever, (3-4 seconds, lol) he turned his head in my direction and sees me ready to
shoot him several times. Fortunately for everyone involved he drops what he's carrying & complies with my commands.
Turned out that he'd discovered the bouncer was banging his g/f & he wanted to shoot the guy..:eek

Fast forward just a few days later, I'm at the range with a few buddies killing paper targets.
I unload the carry ammo from my S&W and load up with whatever shitty range ammo we had.
I pull the trigger once, twice, three times & finally all 6.
NOTHING, not a single round went off. Now if you've spent time at the range you know there's only a slight chance you'll get
a dead round every now and then, but NEVER all 6? So I reloaded the carry ammo and find the same thing, no rounds go off.

I take the pistol to our dept. armorer and he gives me a replacement. If I remember correctly, he told me a few days later there
was recall from S&W, something about cylinder binding.

I do remember telling him about the incident at the bar he could keep that effing gun.. :blink :spit

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dating myself here.

Long story, but bear with me.

My first duty carry weapon was a S&W 681, I was even issued a 6 rd. dump pouch..:facepalm

I put a few hundreds round thru at the range in the few years I carried it & never had an issue.

Then one night after a bar fight, of few us were standing by as the place closed and the crowd displaced.

I see a guy go into his car about 5 yards away, he reaches down under the drivers seat and pulls out

what looked like a dark-colored, semi-auto pistol.

At this point I have no idea why he's getting his pistol or what intends to do with it.

As I'm yelling commands at him I slid behind the rear of the two cars parked in front of his, trying to find the best cover.

The guy is walking away from me at a 45 degree angle towards the bar, and he's slowly bringing the pistol up

to a low ready. After what seems like forever, (3-4 seconds, lol) he turned his head in my direction and sees me ready to

shoot him several times. Fortunately for everyone involved he drops what he's carrying & complies with my commands.

Turned out that he'd discovered the bouncer was banging his g/f & he wanted to shoot the guy..:eek

Fast forward just a few days later, I'm at the range with a few buddies killing paper targets.

I unload the carry ammo from my S&W and load up with whatever shitty range ammo we had.

I pull the trigger once, twice, three times & finally all 6.

NOTHING, not a single round went off. Now if you've spent time at the range you know there's only a slight chance you'll get

a dead round every now and then, but NEVER all 6? So I reloaded the carry ammo and find the same thing, no rounds go off.

I take the pistol to our dept. armorer and he gives me a replacement. If I remember correctly, he told me a few days later there

was recall from S&W, something about cylinder binding.

I do remember telling him about the incident at the bar he could keep that effing gun.. :blink :spit

That’s crazy, thanks for sharing! I’ve never heard of a complete failure like that before. At least everyone made it out safe and the situation didn’t take a turn for the worst.

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
Damn, 0 for 6??? :eek:hmy

That could have ended badly! Well, you saved the bouncer's life and got a cool story to tell. Nothing exciting like that happens at my job, that's for damned sure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts