Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I be worried here? Cylinder 4 is at 154 while rest are in the 175+. This is on a 2007 750 with 9k miles i dropped in ny 600. Help?

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
As a general rule, you should see no more than 10 percent variation between the highest and lowest readings.
So if this is a street bike, you're still more or less, within an acceptable range. and should be able to sleep at night.
Keep records and compare again, the next time you're under the tank.

Did you crank the engine over an equal # of times, for each cylinder?
Was the engine warm?
Are the valve clearances within spec?

If it's still apart, and you want to play some more...while testing #4, if you were to crank several more times than you had with the other cylinders, and you noticed the pressure pumped up another @10psi, it would be an indication that the rings are worn in that hole.

-Scott

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,857 Posts
That is definitely lower than you want it to be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didnt raise anymore when I gave it more juice. One thing I do remember is it was the last one for me to check and maybe the bike was getting cold? I had used a crappy Harbor Freight test kit and they were all at 90 cause of its crappy design but borrowed one from Advsnced and wqs results I posted.

Havent dug into the engine yet and can hear a noticeably slight but could say more distincitve gixxer tick on the side with #4.

Vavle clearances can give me back that %?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Okay pics uploaded for you to see results. So leakdown then valves.? Add oil to cylinder and see if it goes up? holding down starter longer didnt help.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts