Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my fender eliminator kit today. Decided to paint it black. Being that its stainless steel though you have to used a good self eching primer or it wont stick at all. Stainless is on of the toughest metals to paint. I know we own a shop. I think it looks better black?? Let me know what yoou think? I might start painting them and selling them. I'm also a dealer for Comp Werk
s.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yeah, mount that up and lets see up close how it fits/if that roller thing wears a groove into the undertail.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Put some electricians tape in the undertail where the roller rides. That'll help keep it from wearing. I like the unit. Nice. I have the same bike. Come on, let's see it on the bike already

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just can't see that wheel not marking up the are it travels on over time.. I am ordering just the part that flushes the area once the fender is removed and need it done in the stock blue.. I take it you can't do that color?

·
Registered
104 Posts
So much easier to just take off the mudflap that is attachted with only four bolts. Screw the liscense plate light, you can cut that wire and tuck it back up in the undertail hole. You can then mount your plate way up in towards the middle of the bike. There is a little lip of plastice, maybe an inch, that you can drill two holes in and mount the plate. It looks awesome, I would post pics but dont know how

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
So much easier to just take off the mudflap that is attachted with only four bolts. Screw the liscense plate light, you can cut that wire and tuck it back up in the undertail hole. You can then mount your plate way up in towards the middle of the bike. There is a little lip of plastice, maybe an inch, that you can drill two holes in and mount the plate. It looks awesome, I would post pics but dont know how
Why on earth would you cut the license plate light wire when it very easily just unlugs from the connector that is in the trunk???

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got the same one. Had it powder coated. The piece of metal that fits were the fender used to be does not totally fill the opening. Other than that I love it. It will be the only mod I do on the bike until I get back from Iraq (leave in the morning). When I get back it's on. I am putting a full Arata, Galfer brake lines, Zero gravity double bubble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.