Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GDC's only parttime ninja
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first track day was 6/29 and wanted to see what experienced riders thought of my body position

Attachments

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Your lower body looks good! your upper body, get lower, hang off more, and look the turn more. Remember, you're trying to get the bike as upright as possible by manipulating your body weight, which means you gotta utilize all that upper body meat too! You don't look bad though :cheers

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
See how this is almost a straight line? You upper body's axis in relation to the bike I mean, not my shitty finger drawn line :lol

1375304288037.jpg

·
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure why i was riding so upright instead of a tuck i think it was nerves really being it was my first track day, but when i saw the pics I asked myself why so upright it looks like i'm commuting :lol

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Probably right about the nerves. Was there no coaches??

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
you are going to think that you are waaaaaay over for a while, when in fact you wont be. for a landmark, put your nipple up against the edge of the tank and put your forearm along the other outside edge. it is gonna hurt your neck at first, but it will get better. feel free to move your rearsets around to get comfy too. i used to think that they had to be as high and back as far as possible, and it was detrimental to my position.

when working on body pos, change only one thing at a time, and keep reviwing pics. maybe once in a while, you could get a buddy to follow with a gopro, or you can pay the trackside photographer a lump sum for a LOT of pics of a trackday. my local one gives all pics he gets of me at an event for $50.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
btw, do you hve tank grip pads? those things are great for using the lower body to hold on to the bike and keeping the upper body relaxed for control.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Everything macbayne said. Correct me if I'm wrong but the rearsets really only need to be high enough to make sure they don't scrape or if you have stupid ass big feet like me your toe won't drag lol

·
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts