Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in preperation of getting ready to start going to the track (Jennings for those curious) I'm looking into all the pieces of gear I need, the biggest is leathers the rest I'm good on. My first choice would be Dainese or AlpineStars but a friend of mine showed me this Leather Motorcycle Jackets & Suits | Leather Cruiser & Textile Jackets he shared with me one of their facebook posts which they have a deal of a standard suit $599 plus free shipping with 15% of so it'd be 510. Anyone have experience with this company?

I am living off of my GI Bill and grants from school so best bang for buck. Of course as I normally say I'm not opposed to saving money but I'm not opposed to spending money to save my ass. I learned that the hard way when I laid my first bike down before I bought riding pants :serious:

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is it just a newer company then? I'll be in novice so no crazy speeds yet, I've had a couple friends take some dirty dives on the track so I would rather be safe than sorry, I just would like to make informed decisions on things that cost a fair amount of money.

Edit: I wonder if anyone else may have knowledge or input on this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is it just a newer company then? I'll be in novice so no crazy speeds yet, I've had a couple friends take some dirty dives on the track so I would rather be safe than sorry, I just would like to make informed decisions on things that cost a fair amount of money.

Edit: I wonder if anyone else may have knowledge or input on this.
Always, Always buy the best gear you can afford. Being new to the track is more of a good reason to buy nice gear, and I'm pretty sure you are going to break 100 mph at times even as a newb. Also when you first start out you may have a few learning/ growing pain spills... All the more reason to have nice gear.

·
Registered
34 Posts
MotoMummy are a great group of guys. Also look into Motoliberty, they are a great. Picked up my Rev'it suit from them for a great deal since it was a leftover from the previous year. With gear never skimp, get the best you can afford not just what looks pretty or what your buddy likes. Do research try things on for more then two minutes, sit on a bike with them on to see how they fit. Remember they are cut for sitting on the bike not standing.
*If this post is not permitted please delete and I apologize*

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,939 Posts
Have you tried finding anything off craigslist?

I found a Joe Rocket leather race suit someone had worn once and only paid $300 for it.
Best advice. There are so many people who think they're an aspiring racer, only to realize they never want to wear a one-piece suit and you can get them for half the cost of new. Plenty of $800+ suits for only a couple hundred dollars. The trickiest thing is finding one in your size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts