Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first ride after rebuilding my 1987 GSXR 1100, spring has not arrive in central Canada just yet, but I couldn’t wait any longer.

If you are a YouTube content watcher Like/Subscribe, I plan on doing more motovlog type videos as well as bike builds. We are all starved for entertainment these days.

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
130 Posts
My first ride after rebuilding my 1987 GSXR 1100, spring has not arrive in central Canada just yet, but I couldn’t wait any longer.

If you are a YouTube content watcher Like/Subscribe, I plan on doing more motovlog type videos as well as bike builds. We are all starved for entertainment these days.

Apologies but the vid shows unavailable/removed by uploader and the Youtube link goes to the generic main page.

Reactions: DBK81

·
Just call me Colonel Angus
130 Posts
Strange. Won’t let me edit.

Try this again. Thanks for the heads up.

It's working good now and the bike sounds great. Makes me miss my old-school bikes.

Reactions: DBK81

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An 87 had a hydraulic clutch?
Bike and ride Looks nice

Yea the 1100's had a hydro clutch from 86 through to 90.

Weather has finally warmed up here in SK, the snow in the video is long gone now thank goodness, just need the street sweepers to clean up the roads of all the gravel.

Bike is working absolutely perfectly now, it's amazing how these 30+ year old bikes hold up power wise.

·
Registered
202 Posts
DBK81,,
Nice bike but what was that funny throttle event that made the bike stutter for a bit.? I once had a GSX-R750J that went like that after I put on a 4 into 1. It just needed the next size larger main jet in the carbs, then it was perfect..
Al

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DBK81,,
Nice bike but what was that funny throttle event that made the bike stutter for a bit.? I once had a GSX-R750J that went like that after I put on a 4 into 1. It just needed the next size larger main jet in the carbs, then it was perfect..
Al
What you saw in the video was literally the real time first time that motor had ran through gears in years, I don’t know for sure what it was but it was a one off, it’s running perfectly now.

Here’s a quick video of a few short acceleration clips, the last clip is how it pulls now, hard and clean, bike has 4-1 Supertrapp and K&N pods, and is jetted properly :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts