Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
I was filming yesterday (Summit Point, West Virginia, Main Course) at the CCS races ...

BIG wreck in T1 right in front of me ...

It was an incredible race; really fun to watch.

I didn't race, was just filming, so bear with me if I don't get the facts all correct. Here's how I remember it:

- It was Race 1 (Formula 40); the over 40 guys. There were Amateur and Expert out on the track together.

- The "pack" just never seemed to break up ... those guys were SERIOUS about winning and kept it close racing ... that's when "it" happened ...

- Coming into turn 1, the guy LEADING the Expert group (I don't know his name or number) and the guy LEADING the Amateur group (#587, Ross Wellwood, who was pitted near where I was camping) collided ...

- Everybody is OK ...

The Video:

Click the link below for a "streaming" video (no waiting): http://www.magicratproductions.com/Pix/FLVids/Number587/Number587.html

Downloadable Files (DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW ... Right-click; "Save Target As" ... then play it from your hard disk when it's done downloading, which will be about 20 minutes):

Super High-Res .AVI version (263 MB): http://www.magicratproductions.com/Videos/Number587.avi

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
SHIT.. That didn't look good there for a few seconds. Glad to see he got up and walked away.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
that one guy was motionless for a good minute.

·
GDC's Martha Stewart
7,545 Posts
Glad they're ok.

Are those 250's they're racing? Bikes are kinda odd looking.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Glad they're ok.

Are those 250's they're racing? Bikes are kinda odd looking.
Looks like both bikes are SV650's.

That being said, it looks like the AM rider went in too hot and collected the rider in front of him.

Glad everybodys ok and I'm pissed that I was not there (I race the F40 class) to play.......FUGGIN broken clavicle.:hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
magic-rat
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing