Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goddamn! Everywhere I go I am slipping and sliding could it be my bald front tire? I just replaced my rear tire about 3000km ago so I don't think it can be that. But the weird thing is that I noticed a mysterious line appeared recently which stretches right around the tire.
Could this be a result from the mud burnouts I was doing last week after I read the "Take your gix into the woods" post?

Help!!!
...right ...Right Click HERE and select "Save As..."
Streaming does not work.

Edit:--added link.

[ 10-31-2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: MadMacLard ]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Don't forget that bald tires are faster cuz they produce less road friction. Sounds like your problem is dirty tires. What you need to do now is get some Armor All and bring them back to a shine.

[ 10-16-2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Brolo ]

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Also if you let your tyres down a bit for the dirt it may cause a problem, either that or the knobblies or studs are not ripping into the payment enough. Get a file out and fashion a very sharp point on them.. they will bite deep into the road and give great traction.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I cant believe you guys dont know this duh
When your tires go bald, it is a slick racing tire. Haven't you guys heard racers use terms like cut or shaved tires. That is what they're doing, making the tires better. The tread is only there to siut the DOT

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Just make sure that you only use the middle of the tire. That way you'll make it all square (why do they make them round anyway?) so you can get rid of the sidestand = less weight = better spark plug HP to weight ratio = better wheelies

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
Those lines on your tire are called grip lines. They're for guys that really want crazy grip in the corners. Go fast and lean loooow

·
Registered
394 Posts
if you are having problems with your front tire sliding, let me suggest rotating your tires - front to back and back to front. i found that you will have to spread the forks out a bit, but you will notice a phenomenal increase in grip as well as doubling your mileage. if you don't rotate your tires, the warranty is void.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Originally posted by che:
if you are having problems with your front tire sliding, let me suggest rotating your tires - front to back and back to front. i found that you will have to spread the forks out a bit, but you will notice a phenomenal increase in grip as well as doubling your mileage. if you don't rotate your tires, the warranty is void.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
forget the helmet ,they are for posers,get yerself a thick wooly hat for winter
in winter always leave this disc lock on ,you'll have no problems with grip then

·
Banned
19,349 Posts
Originally posted by che:
...if you don't rotate your tires, the warranty is void.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Actually, the opposite is true. If you rotate the tires the warrantee will be voided, since they are no longer considered "original equipment". Sad, but true.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts