Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on upgrading my coils. which ones should i get. i have a 1992gsxr 1100 (puched to 1225), close to stock compression well it still runs on pump gas good, with roughly 175rwhp. i was wondering should i get dyna, or accel, and could somebody give me the part numbers ill need to ohh and i plan on uprading the wires at the same time.

i ask due to i look in the catelouges and they do give modles of bikes just ohms and single fire and dual fire, and cdi which im pretty sure is what i have. i saw in the denis kirk they sell a kit with coils and wires for cdi.

any info appreciated thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You need 3 ohm coils DO NOT USE CDI COILS.... CDI was used mainly for 2 stroke bikes. I understand their is a space problem installing the more common Dyna or Accell coils on the later GS. Nology coils are another option and are supposed to be physically smaller ???? Never used them! Check & see how much space you have

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Bullet1225, I am using the Dyna 2.2 ohm coils (nothing fancy, just good coils). They are larger that the originals, so I mounted them in the space in front of the battery on a home made steel bracket. I have indivigual cleaners, so the airbox is gone. The bracket fit between the two holes that are in the frame already that hold the small brackets for the plasic battery cover on the sides. I am also using the Nology wires with this setup and non-resistor plugs. I can get you pictures if that would help.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pic's and part numbers if possible i realy want to get what i need ordered as fast as possible im 267 miles into the new motors breakin, and i cant continue until i get spark hehe, and it was so much fun up until the coil started to fail. hehe

yea i also have the kinda the same filters i have no airbox and 2 filters (K&N) feeding 2 carbs a piece.

also if you could maybe a link or a lead to wear you got yours from. and a rough guesstamat as to how much you paid total. for the wires and coils.

again thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Almost forgot. The Dyna model is DC4-1. Check them out on www.dynaonline.com. I would stay away from anything lower than 2.2 ohm (1.5 or 0.7). These would cause heat issues on street/road race bikes.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was there supposed to be a pic in one of those post's hehe, thanks im checking that link out right now.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
give us a call for your coils...we keep stuff like this in stock...you will also need the wires to go with the dyna coils...members of this board get a discount at our shop...803.285.8093

dwayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts