Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the wiring should be for the Coils on a 96' gsxr 750? I mean on the back of the coils there are 2 electrical wires that connect to it. On the top coil, one closest to tank, there is a white wire and an orange/white wire. On the botton coil, there is a Black/yellow and Orange/white wire. Can someone look on their bike and tell me what order from tank to ground is the order? Or does it matter. Mine right now is White on top, orange/white under. then Orange/white, black/yellow.

Thanks guys.

rzr

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I checked the wiring schematic and it shows the said colored wires for each coil. But it didn't show which went where. I'm not sure if it was the replacement of the new APE Manual CCT or me switching the wires on the back of the 2/3 coil, but now seems to really rev up and be more responsive. I thought maybe the wires had something to do with firing order? Haven't taken it out for a ride yet as the weather is now becoming shite (must mean bike is in good running order, can't ride it now cause of weather is a dead give away). As for adjustment, I followed the post at the beginning of the forum and when I started it, it was clacking like crazy. Turned engine off and tighten CCT a little, fired her up and sound was gone and bike ran well. Question again, I can rev it up to say 7000 and sounds crisp, when I let off and RPMS drop, can hear a little "clacking" noise for about 1 second then stops. Only makes sound when I let off throttle and idle drops. Any Ideas anyone??

Thanks for all your help.

rzr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.