Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my STVA has craped out on me, and i am going to just remove it. But was wondering what wire to cut to get rid of the FI light? or if there is a resistor i can use?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
TheGeek used to repair the actuators. If you remove it, you need an emulator to prevent the C28 error. Possibly there's some way to turn it off by flashing the ECM but, if so, I'm not familiar with it.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
ECU Unleashed flashing can't take care of the C28 code. No emulators exist for the newer digital stepper type STVAs (used since 2003).

They are an emissions component covered under EPA warranty for 5 years / 30000km. So if you're bike is under 18600 miles, you can get it fixed for free at the dealership.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My ecu had that feature disabled at the time all the other nannies and crap were turned off. It required a $8 harness cable that attached to the bikes existing two interface plugs. Ecu software and Main interface cable were the tuners. He simply disabled the items and I removed all hardware from the bike.

Not a easy quick fix but it can all be disabled in the ecu once you have the means to access it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yoshimura site has the diagram for the pin/wire to pull from the ecu under the seat. This keeps the code from setting an fi light when you remove all the components. I deleted everything from my 09 using this method with no issues. It's free and takes less than 20 minutes.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
^You're making the same mistake that roy826ex did. We're talking about the secondary throttle, not the SET valve.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ahhh my fault for not catching that. This is the first I've read for deleting or disabling secondary throttle. What are the symptoms of this going bad or advantages to disabling?

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
Top end restriction and fault indication are the symptoms of failure.

Advantages of disabling are debatable. They're there to control/maintain/stabilize intake velocity. This technology started with CV carbs and has carried through to fuel injection. Unless you're smarter than the engineers at Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki, you should probably just leave it alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts