Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a brand new 2K5 GSX-R600, this is my first bike so I don't have that much experience riding yet. I am taking it slow. One question why does my hand kill after 15 minutes of riding (talking about the clutch). Has any one ever experienced this? Really want to ride this thing longer than 15 got alot to learn.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Your just using muscle's you really havn't used before. I think it happens to everyone. After those muscle's develop you'll be able to ride forever. Congrats on your first bike, have fun and be safe

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Just bought a brand new 2K5 GSX-R600, this is my first bike so I don't have that much experience riding yet. I am taking it slow. One question why does my hand kill after 15 minutes of riding (talking about the clutch). Has any one ever experienced this? Really want to ride this thing longer than 15 got alot to learn.
Hit the gym rookie...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Dont worry.. The gixxer has a stiff pull compared to less sporty bikes, and its common to get tired if you arent used to it. Just take it easy and itll get stronger! Stop n go traffic is the worst!! My hand gets tired in town frequently, and ive been riding for years

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hit the gym rookie...

Hey man, you got a couple of strings hanging off your shirt sleeves. Oh, my bad that's your arms.

Get your weak ass on that bike and work that clutch lever while it's parked or go buy one of those spring handle squeeze things
whatever you call them.

Don't sweat it dude. You'll get it. Congrats on the bike. Be safe

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hit the gym rookie...

+1

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do hit the gym, pretty hard core too. I go 5 days a week, just recently took some time off popped by clavicle out of place slightly doing decline (225 lbs). That's why I was wondering if the clutch was just stiff and if any of you guys ever experienced that with your first bike. guess it's time to go back to the gym and start doing some crazy forearms

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.