Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get the clutch mod for a 2004 suzuki gsxr 1000. i know schnitz racing has the upgraded springs. there is a clutch cushion or something to limit chatter for dragracing. does anyone know where to get it from?

·
Registered
919 Posts
yes - lee's performance makes a billit clutch basket (to eliminate that clutch chatter on hard launches) which i believe is $375 - the stock springs and plates are good enough, but if you want more pressure, Barnett makes a kevlar/carbon fiber clutch kit that i ran on my k4 that was awesome - just dont get stuck in traffic...

·
Squid
3,566 Posts
Hmm... I've been having the same problem with the 04. It seems like theres not enough meat on the plates, it engages right at the end of the lever play, and its only like the last 5mm before free-play that actuates the clutch.

It seems 04 clutches are doomed to suck. I've been hearing the same thing about k5's.

(now we should get some responses, ive dissed the 05)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barnnet makes an excellet clutch for that model, most my racing buddies have gone with Barnnet, check it out on the net!!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Hmm... I've been having the same problem with the 04. It seems like theres not enough meat on the plates, it engages right at the end of the lever play, and its only like the last 5mm before free-play that actuates the clutch.

It seems 04 clutches are doomed to suck. I've been hearing the same thing about k5's.

(now we should get some responses, ive dissed the 05)
If you don't like the freeplay then adjust the clutch.........it's not the plates.

·
Squid
3,566 Posts
Free Play is at the end of its adjustment.

I'm thinking my mechanic put the spacer at the bottom of my clutch in backwards, tapered end out, because the clutch throw screw on the left side of my engine is at the end of its adjustment too, currently its just barely bottomed out. No turns past pressure. If I make it a quarter turn per suzuki spec the clutch slips.

I'll probably pick up the 20 dollar springs from schnitz too, but if you have any other ideas I'd be seriously happy to hear them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts