Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered and have in hand some EBC “heavy duty” clutch springs, when I compare them to the springs that are currently in my bike the new springs are significantly shorter, does anyone have the factory spec on what the stock springs should be? There is a good possibility that the springs that are in my bike are not factory as well. I looked in the manual and they have the servicing tolerance, but wondering if that measurement is over or under, which is out of spec, a worn out spring you would think would get shorter correct?

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the clutch again so I could do measurements and squeeze the new vs existing springs, there is no way these springs are factory, feel stiffer than the new springs I have bought, so I’m going to leave it as is.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I pulled the clutch again so I could do measurements and squeeze the new vs existing springs, there is no way these springs are factory, feel stiffer than the new springs I have bought, so I’m going to leave it as is.
Glad you found your answer, enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
Accurate Butt Dyno
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn’t even that I had an issue with my springs to be honest, it’s an ‘87 that I just bought and thought while I had the motor opened up I’d freshen them up, but the new ones I bought were considerably shorter and I’m thinking the springs in my bike had already been replaced, once I get things back together and running I’ll do some shakedowns my guess is it’ll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts