Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the article on spring clutches and such. Interesting info. Good job on the write UKlee.

Now heres a question, I have a 92 750. The clutches took a dump at the track at the end of the season. I finally installed new clutches. I have a haynes manual and all the clutch setups they show arent like mine.

So I question this. Maybe I have something different installed ? I have 6 springs instead of 4 ( which is shown in the manual and from lees article with 4 springs). I also had one more friction plate and steel installed. I should have probably taken a picture of it. But I had the clutches in and out in about 15 minutes.

When I bought the bike it had everything done to it already. The previous owner didnt do anything to it other then ride it.

Now I am finding all the things that have been done and now it looks like possibly something different with the clutch ??

Anyone......??

Thanks

· Registered
523 Posts
My wife just had her '91 750 clutch cover off. It had a 6 coil spring setup which is stock.

John

· Registered
4,834 Posts
is it possible for the springs to give and make the clutch release fully right at the last as the handle is released.??
I'm trying to figure if the springs are bad or is the plates going out.?!

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I guess when I looked at the picture I was looking at it backwards. I didnt take the whole assembly out, but looking at it now, I see that is probably the setup I have. Still doesnt explain why I had one extra clutch and steel installed.

You might have to adjust the clutch cover part of the cable ?

Thanks

· Registered
4,834 Posts
I've tried both adjustments on it stil;l makes no difference.
oh well I'll just wait till it starts slipping then switch clutches I got a back up

· Registered
3,376 Posts
is it possible for the springs to give and make the clutch release fully right at the last as the handle is released.??
I'm trying to figure if the springs are bad or is the plates going out.?!
If it's a cable-actuated clutch acting that way, it's time to l;ube or replace the cable and grease the pivot-bolt and lever where it sits in the perch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.