Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone tell me the torque specs for everything involved on a clutch replacement. i might be changing basket also won't know til i get it apart.

·
Registered
119 Posts
These are for a '91 GSXR750, but it should be close, if not exactly the same:

Clutch sleeve hub nut 80-100 N.m (58.0 - 72.5 ft/lb)

Clutch spring set bolts 11 - 13 N.m (8.0 - 9.5 ft/lb)

Hope it helps....

·
Registered
50 Posts
whatever you do do not tighten the clutch pressure plate spring bolts more that 11 ft/lbs or they will snap, find a really good torque wrench which will go that low or just feel it out. Not too tight just enough to keep them on. If you do snap them some 6mm bolts will replace them fine

·
Registered
316 Posts
The 1100 clutch set up is different than the 750. It has 2 diaphram springs ( I use 3 ) held in place by the nut that holds the pressure plate in place. When I do my clutches I dont worry about torque spec. I use an Impact gun with a 2" socket and put everything back in the way it came out. I haven't been able to locate the basket holding tool for loosening and tightening the main nut and the impact gun has been just fine for the job. It seems that all the drag racers of oilcooled bikes that I know use the gun and not the proper tools. I change my clutch atleast twice a season and have had no problems doing it this way.

Caution...If you do decide to do it this way it is at your own risk and I can't be held liable for broken or stripped parts. For all I know you could be an inept mechanic and not know how to use the wrong tool the right way.

-Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts