Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a '03 gixxer 750 with around 15k on it. And I have recently noticed a clunking noise on the left side of the bike (seems to be comming from near the transmission front sprocket) at low rpm's when letting out the clutch in first gear. I can't tell if it's happening in the other gears due to the loud pipe. I'm sure it's not the engine and when I take off I have plenty of rpm's up so as not to make the engine knock.
Was hoping someone had some input. I would like to have some ammunition before I go to the dealer. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
First thing...Take off the front sprocket cover, & examine the front sprocket. The cover comes off with 3 or 4 bolts. Easy-Peasy. Make sure the sprocket nut isn't loosening up.

If that checks out OK - make sure your chain tension is OK. If it is, continue to examine the chain... check each link by hand, see if it's bound up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.