Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
briefly; month ago left side clutch pushrod broke. it was bent and broken in two pieces. week ago the new pushrod broke again, bent and in two pieces. this time the chain broke as well (it may have gone first). the slapping chain broke the top corner off the drive sprocket cover, and broke off an engine casting boss that the top bolt of the cover secured to. that is going to be a problem. anyone run into this before? is this pushrod a reacuring problem, or this a result of too hard riding? doesnt look to me that the pushrod has much support.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dunno about the problem of the pushrod however I ahve a really stiff clutch which the dealer says could be due to a spring change. Dunno what the chances are but could someone tell me if this is my problem as well.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
A stiff spring is the most common problem for a stiff clutch... Barnett springs are common..

For the push rod, maybe a fluke thing the first time... I think the chain broke and then broke the rode like you said... I dont remember who had this problem but someone else did and fixed it... I dont remember how.. Sorry.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts