Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening gentlemen I am a new motorcycle owner and recently were having clutch problems and decided to swap out my plates for new OEM ones since they hadn't been replaced from 06. Got the oem kit in by the manual's instructions and decided to check them before sealing the cover back and adding the oil by pulling the clutch lever after making the proper adjustment and checking if the wheel would turn. It seems they are sticking when ever I shift to a gear even though the clutch is pulled in. From what ive looked up, that is normal with the engine cold. So I found myself at a crossroad decisions. do I go ahead and pull the clutch baskets and file them just in case or should I just seal the cover and add oil then check after engine has warmed up? Btw, my bike is a 2006 gsxr 600 if that helps.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is a wet clutch system, so the plates should have oil on them, even when testing.
When I change the plates I usually let the new ones soak in some fresh oil for an hour or so before I assemble it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts