Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this problem that just popped up with my clutch. Bike's a 99 600, about 13k miles. When the bike's in gear, and I pull in the clutch, the bitch is hard as hell to move. It doesn't move around like it's in neutral (like it used to). Plus, if I have it in gear, hold the clutch, and start the engine, the bike creeps forward a bit. I've tried adjusting the little spinny thing up by the clutch lever, and that didn't help from what I could tell. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
I would disconnect the cable and see if it is rough to slide the cable inside the housing of it. It sounds like you are getting ready for a new cable.

John

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I hope that's the problem. My cable was all shitty (felt really rough) so I sprayed some super lube in it to make things smooth. It wasn't totally smooth after that, but it was better... and that's right around the time this problem cropped up

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Just get a new cable... they are only like 20 bucks... Really cheap..

John

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Just get a new cable... they are only like 20 bucks... Really cheap..

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Got one. Will go put it on after I get back from kayaking. Hope this fixes it!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I replaced the cable, and it's the exact same problem. Is there something that may need some sort of adjusting?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
hummmm... If you have a lot of slack in the lever that would cause it... Check it from the lever to the perch, and make sure you have a small amount of slack... If it still acts up it might be time for a new clutch... But normaly the clutch will slip when it gets old.. not lockup..

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You know it coudl be your cable getting ready to break.. Mine did that to me once..

John

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I adjusted the spinning thing by the lever so that there was very little slack in the lever...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Have you adjusted down by the counter sprocket those two bolts? try that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts