Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a GSXR 1000 K5 , whilst cold bike seems ok but once warm its difficult to pull off quick as you get a quick grind noise them bike jumps forward and sometimes stalls, if pulling off gently its fine and no problems at all , i put into a local bike chap who said he took clutch out and soaked plates in oil but no different, would appreciate any suggestions

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,636 Posts
Do the clutch mod as described in the K5/K6 1000 section here. You can do the whole mod but normally all that's needed is the new spring washer.

·
7,636 Posts
Download and read through the pdf. The only special tool that's mentioned is the clutch sleeve hub holder and it's explained how to not use it. Beyond that, an impact wrench is recommended if you do the full mod. But the procedure is no more complicated than replacing the clutch plates if all you do is replace the spring washer.

Having said all that, I'm inclined to say that there needs to be a more precise method of setting the slipper adjuster pins. Also the clutch spring bolts are an inferior design since abandoned by Suzuki. Vanzuki used to make spring locating collars/bolts and this would be a good time to install them. However in a quick look at his web site, I didn't see them and the site hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe Facebook.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply

just a quick question , would it pay to fit a new clutch Like an EBC one as i am intending on keeping the bike a long time or would this not fix the problem

regards Adrian

·
7,636 Posts
I'm unaware of EBC offering the entire clutch, only clutch plate & spring kits. AFAIK Brock Davidson drag races using the Suzuki parts so I'm doubtful that you're going to get much more elsewhere. The problem is not the plates. It's the spring washer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought a GSXR 1000 K5 , whilst cold bike seems ok but once warm its difficult to pull off quick as you get a quick grind noise them bike jumps forward and sometimes stalls, if pulling off gently its fine and no problems at all , i put into a local bike chap who said he took clutch out and soaked plates in oil but no different, would appreciate any suggestions
I had a similar issue on my GSXR 750, got it checked and it was only running on 3 spark plugs. Got 4 new ones and now it’s running perfect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts