Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'am geting ready to change the clutch plates on my 02 gsxr 1000 and was wondering if it was a hard task to takle. I am also looking for some tips if possible.

·
Registered
849 Posts
They are pretty simple to replace there are about 10-15 bolts holding the cover on and once that is pulled off there are 6 allen bolts holding the plates in.When you get your stuff ordered get ahold of www.schnitzracing and get the reusable clutch cover gasket as well.Also once you have the new clutch in make sure you adjust the set screw on the left side of the bike near the water pump.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If your familiar of where it is located once you get the clutches all back together all you do is loosen up the 10 mm nut that is hloding it tight then use a flathead screw driver and loosen the bolt up till it is loose then turn it back in till it starts to tighten up and then back it back out a 1/4 of a turn then tighten up the 10mm nut and you should be all set also before you start that process make sure that your adjustment on the lever is all the way in as well.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts