Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the clutch lever is a little loose, or sloppy. What is the best way to adjust it to tighten it up. I know there is a little dial, but what should I use to turn it against that little clip?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I say sloppy, I meant that it can move up and down some. Also it has a long loose pull when you go to pull it in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For me that has been how both of my SRAD's are. My TL1000S (V2 SRAD baby!!) uses the same clutch perch and lever as my 98 Gixxer Seven-Five-O and both bikes have a small level of slop going up and down. My TL is definitely worse though, but it could easily be fixed by a trip down ti the hardware store to get some thin polyurethane washers to shim it up. But other than doing that, there is no adjustment for "vertical" play, only longitudinal, end-play.

And as a side note, if your clutch is so loose on the end, exceeding the 3-13mm slop (??), and your adjustment screw is dialed nearly all the way out, you should make some time to lube the cable and adjust the clutch pushrod so you can safely put the adjuster back to nearly 0.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My 99 750 is like that too, with the up and down movement. doesn't really bother me much. crank that dial out until you get the desired freeplay, i usually keep it in the middle of that range, around 7-9 mm freeplay. You don't want it to be right tight simply b/c it will be riding the clutch and will wear everything out really quickly.

Tyler

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yeah my clutch has the vertical slop as well. I originally thought the bike had been dropped and bent the housing however you guys have put that to rest. With clutch adjustment, I founds it better to be a little toward the loose side of freeplay since I had a friend burn a clutch out of his 750 in 4000km due to over adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts