Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutch issues on \'97 GSXR-1100

Howdy,

The clutch on my '97 GSXR-1100 doesn't consistently disengage the engine from the transmission. If I pull the clutch lever in and there is a load on the engine or I blip the throttle, I can feel the clutch disengage and it works as intended. If the engine is shut down, with the clutch lever against the clip on, I can't push the bike around if it is in any gear.

I just replaced the stock clutch line with a stainless steel line and re-bled the clutch system. That didn't help. Is there a trick to bleeding the clutch system, or do I just need to buy a new clutch cylinder? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Re: Clutch issues on \'97 GSXR-1100

Jason
is the engine case that the clutch slave cylinder sits on secured (tightened) down good?
I purchased a slave cylinder rebuild kit but haven't installed it as of yet,I'm waiting for mine to start acting up, if it does, I'll be ready

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Bobbychet,

I knew I could count on you to jump in. I'll double check it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the engine case is tight. I just had it off in February when I replaced the chain and sprockets. I didn't see any signs of leakage. I'll bleed the snot out of it again tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll be ordering a new one very soon.

If you can think of any other tricks to try, let me know. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
7,885 Posts

Jason just that or try reverse bleed your lines you'll need some bleeder line and a great connection at a hospital or vet and get a good sized hypodermic needle.Crack the slave cylinder zert and force fluid up the lines that way,not forgetting to close the zert each time after the injection.It's very time consuming but might help.
Bobbychet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts