Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I just bought my first bike an 07 600 and it feels a little off. Firstly the clutch seems kinda hard to pull in and I have had some issues with shifting. When I shift into first gear after starting the bike it kind of lurches hard and had this clunk noise. If I pop it into neutral and then back into first it goes away. Also when riding and coming up to a light I will sometimes pull in the clutch apply the break and shift the bike into first at time it won't want to go into first go so I'll have to put it in neutral let the clutch put and then pop it into first gear. I made a short video that will hopefully show what I'm talking about. https://youtu.be/Iweh8JNY3eY

·
Registered
342 Posts
Check clutch lever free play and adjust if necessary. If that checks out it may need a small adjustment of the clutch itself, service manual will by handy for that.

·
Super Moderator
14,988 Posts
Watched your video. All of our bikes do that and it's totally normal. Welcome to motorcycles. :thumbup

Your brother's R6 that you say you've been riding the past few years in your other thread would have behaved the same way.

PS: If this completely normal part of riding motorcycles when shifting into first gear is of concern to you, then you are way in over your head buying that bike. Please take it slow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watched your video. All of our bikes do that and it's totally normal. Welcome to motorcycles. /forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif

PS: If this completely normal part of riding motorcycles when shifting into first gear is of concern to you, then you are way in over your head buying that bike. Please take it slow.
. They all have issues getting back into first after riding? Also why is the lurch significantly less after put it into neutral and shifting back into first? I got on the bike again and went to adjust the clutch right near the lever and it is all the way tight if I loosen it the bike won't start at all... I don't think this is normal. I mean my brothers R6 doesn't lurch that hard or sound that bad when first shifting into 1st.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also I didn't add this in the video but I also have my foot on the rear brake when I put it into first and it still moves that much. If I don't have my foot on the brake the bike will move like a foot forward.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
I didn't watch the vid: I didn't have to.

Either your clutch isn't adjusted properly or it's gone. Adjust it. If that doesn't work, replace it.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Change the oil to full synthetic motorcycle oil. I like mobil. The oil in the bike could be old or cheap. The clutch is lubricated by the oil so you need motorcycle specific oil. It may help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts