Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the work manual one speaks of drive plate d , e or f as the penultimate plate.
(see picture)
How do you know which one to choose?
Or is it the old one to measure?

Attachments

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,402 Posts
Please do not make duplicate threads about the same subject...I've deleted your other thread.
You have to be patient...this isn't Facebook.

If you've kept everything in order, it won't be difficult to measure your old "driven" plate, to determine the thickness required for the replacement.
There will be 8 driven plates @2.3mm...possibly a 9th, if not it will be @2.0mm or @2.6mm.
It's kind of confusing and awkwardly worded.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
As the fiber drive plates wear down you can add thicker driven plates. You can add or subtract the "clutch stack height" with these plates, Less height, less pressure on the springs, less pressure at the lever, too low and clutch will slip.
Clutch slipping ? Add thicker plates.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,331 Posts
The drive plates (fibers) are 2.8 ± .08 mm thick and the driven plates (steels) are 2.3 mm thick. So the nominal stack height is 10 * 2.8 + 9 * 2.3 = 48.7 mm. The extra plates allow you to measure the stack height and adjust it if the tolerances combine to move it away from that value. As Beairsto says, the manual could do better.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,331 Posts
^Is that your bike in your avatar and is it the CRS model? As best I know, it was not sold in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts