Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 1999 GSX600F and i have only had it for 2 months now but one of the big issues i have noticed was that when the bike got warm and i pulled the clutch in, it would feel as if it the clutch didn't engage all the way.I had replaced the clutch release a few weeks ago because it broke after a hard down shift when i first got the bike(was able to keep using the old one but wanted a new one for peace of mind) and it was still having the same problem. I adjusted the clutch lines play in both the lever and the clutch release and it was working alright but the problem was still there. I thought changing the oil would fix the problem because the old oil was dark and looked bad. after changing the oil the problem went away completely and it shifted fine, wouldn't feel like the bike was pulling me when i had the clutch pulled in. But after the next 3 rides the problem came right back. it feels like the clutch doesn't engage all the way after the bike warms up and when i rev the engine with the clutch pulled in it will pull the bike. Another part to the problem is when i start the bike up in the mornings it works fine and i can shift into every gear but after it warms up i basically lose access to my neutral gear. the bike will not at all go into neutral after riding, i tried adjusting the play so that the clutch was engaging more but that ended up making it feel like i was slipping the clutch without even touching the lever. I have no idea what could be causing these issues but i will try and fiddle with the adjustment some more to see if that gets me anywhere but if anyone else has a solution to the problem im all ears 馃榿

Registered
Changing your oil, while it did seem to make some difference- should make NO real difference to a properly maintained bike.
What are you saying here? '.I had replaced the clutch release a few weeks ago because it broke after a hard down shift when i first got the bike '
Can you take and post a picture of this part?

Sounds like you don't have a service manual.
If you could please do a search on this site, or Google, and download one. It's often free, look around.

Then, adjust the clutch properly per the manual- 3 areas to adjust. If you haven't had the clutch cover off, probably just need to adjust the cable on both ends.
Read the section in the manual about it.

Yes, if your clutch Cable is too tight, your clutch will 'slip'. This can really take life off the clutch id not put back the correct way soon.

Good luck, bet back to us with more details after you adjusted it per the service manual.

Registered
So this is a short video I made showing the problem with the clutch
If it's off the stand, with the clutch lever pulled in, put it in gear with the kickstand UP. Does it lunge forward or keep idling?
What I see looks normal while on the stand.
?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
When I put it in gear the bike with jerk forward a little bit but then feel like it鈥檚 pulling me forward even when I have the clutch pulled in.

I鈥檓 use to cars where you pull the clutch in and it cuts power to the rear wheels, idk if bikes are different or supposed to work the same

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I did have a bit of an issue with the kick stand not pushing the sensor in all the way and it would keep cutting power to the bike but I just zip tied the sensor to be pressed until I can think of a better way to fix it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts