Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '87 1100 with a bum clutch acctuator (the slave cylinder leaks). Somewhere I read about a cable conversion for 1st gen clutches which is a swap with some model Katana. Anybody out there know the details?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
221 Posts
do yourself a flavor and buy a new or good used slave cylinder and save the hydraulic set up.If you switch to cable you'll be missing the hydrualic set up real soon especially if you are drag racing I sure wish I had kept all my stuff when I converted cuz I need to switch back.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
do yourself a flavor and buy a new or good used slave cylinder and save the hydraulic set up.If you switch to cable you'll be missing the hydrualic set up real soon especially if you are drag racing I sure wish I had kept all my stuff when I converted cuz I need to switch back.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have had the cable conversion for 3 years now, and if I ever get another oil cooler, the first thing I will do is swap to the cable. Best mod ever made.
and clutch pull is actuall about the same as stock hydraulic on both of my 86 1100s.

Use the sproket cover/clutch release mechanism, cable and lever from a 92 on Kat 600.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all who replied, especially OilCooler92 for providing a link to the recent thread. After reading the posts, I'm puzzled about which Kat 600 setup to look for. Two of the posts give conflicting information:</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Use the sproket cover/clutch release mechanism, cable and lever from a 92 on Kat 600</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">use an early Katana 600(up to 1992). they have the left side clutch cover that works just fine with the stock pushrod assembly"</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can anyone clarify this for me?
TIA

Bill
'87 GSX-R1100

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by stark1052:
Thanks to all who replied, especially OilCooler92 for providing a link to the recent thread. After reading the posts, I'm puzzled about which Kat 600 setup to look for. Two of the posts give conflicting information:</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Use the sproket cover/clutch release mechanism, cable and lever from a 92 on Kat 600</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">use an early Katana 600(up to 1992). they have the left side clutch cover that works just fine with the stock pushrod assembly"</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can anyone clarify this for me?
TIA
Bill
'87 GSX-R1100
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am pretty sure I was right the first time. it is from the early Kat 600s. I looked in my stupid manual for the info and it does not say, but it implies the post 92 Kats. But I am almost sure it is the pre 92s(check with a suzuki dealer, or look on a katana. on will have the release on the left side, one on the right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts