Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my k8 gsxr 600 for a few months now and this has happened from the beginning of me owning it. When rolling in first gear if i pull the clutch lever all the way in and rev the gas it makes a clunking noise. I thought it may need a clutch adjustment as its now at 15k miles but all my searches for a service manual lead to links that no longer exist! Any help is greatly appreciated

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,133 Posts
Does the clunk seem to be coming from the drive chain/front sprocket area? If so, it might well be that the clutch isn't disengaging fully, transmitting some power from the blip to the front sprocket, tightening the chain and going clunk. If you blip the throttle with the clutch pulled in while standing still, do you feel the bike trying to lurch forward?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. No it only does it while im rolling, when im stationary and i pull the clutch in and blip the throttle it stays still and doesnt make any type of noise or gesture that it wants to move

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im having a similar issue, also when im riding ill let of the gas and then get on the gas and the bike will be all jerky like the chain is loose or somthing, but I know its not.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Im having a similar issue, also when im riding ill let of the gas and then get on the gas and the bike will be all jerky like the chain is loose or somthing, but I know its not.
I think that's pretty normal, it's drive chain taking up the slack. Trying to be gentle when you roll back on the gas and take up the slack. It's possible if it's very clunky your chain is too loose or you have a problem with your Cush drive or bearing.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,133 Posts
How do you know it's not loose? If you've measured it as per manual and it's within spec, then it's probably normal transmission jerk as springfall2008 says. You might want to switch to dealer mode and check your TPS adjustment though (the bar should be at the middle when the engine is warm and running), as it can exacerbate the problem, if it's set too low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts