Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get the owners manual when I bought the bike. The clock is one hour and 20 minutes off and the rev light doesn't even light up. I have tried but can't figure it out. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
To set the clock all you need to do is put the setting on clock then hold in the two leftmost buttons (adj. and sel. I think) until it blinks. Then press one of the buttons and the hour will change (forget which button). Press the other button and it will switch to minutes and then use the previous button to change the minutes. It is very easy, screw around with it and figure it out. As for the shift light, it is worthless because it resets everytime your bike turns off (plus I am too lazy to set it each time or go in the dark and find my manual to tell you how to do it). I will continue to drink beer instead. Shift by feel, not by a light. Good luck, later,

·
Registered
115 Posts
hold the shift light button in and then turn your key to the on position... the tach will go to the rpm that the shift light is set at. now you repeatedly press the shift light button and it changes the rpm setting... when you have it where you want it, hold the shift light button in for 2 seconds.

it doesnt "reset" every time you shut the bike off... but it does not turn on with the bike... every time you turn your bike on, you have to hold the shift light button in for 2 seconds to turn it on.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I posted this same question a few weeks ago.
"And people want me banned...."
We just don't like you

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you would notive there traffic I am new and I bought the bike Monday, so if you have a problem with me asking a question that has been asked kiss it!!! I didn't get anything with the bike except the bike no owners manual or anything. For future reference I will likely ask a question that has been asked before, if so I will put the question in the title. If you see it and it bothers you DON"T READ IT!!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just set everything and seems to work. Thanks alot guys!!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you would notive there traffic I am new and I bought the bike Monday, so if you have a problem with me asking a question that has been asked kiss it!!! I didn't get anything with the bike except the bike no owners manual or anything. For future reference I will likely ask a question that has been asked before, if so I will put the question in the title. If you see it and it bothers you DON"T READ IT!!!
Did you buy it from a dealership or a private seller? If you got it from a dealership, I would go back and tell em you want that manual. There is no reason why you shouldnt get it, if this is the case. There is alot of useful information (although not extremely detailed) that can help you to get to know your bike like torques settings, tire pressures, minor maintenance instructions, etc. Well, good luck man

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought the bike from an individual. With what I paid for it I think I can live without the book for now. I feel guilty that I might have stolen the bike.....NAH!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts