Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a hotbodies slash cut on my '05 1K on friday. After I removed the SET I got the FI light (no problems yet ) Then I clipped the brown #30 wire from the black 34 pin connector under the seat to cancel the FI light. I turn the key to test it the bike won't fire up and the stupid FI light is still flashing!Every thing seems copacetic until I hit the start button then the starter works but no ignition. I also tried reconnecting the #30 wire and of course the thing starts right up but I still have the FI warning. I am absolutely sure I clipped the #30 (BROWN) wire. Can anyone help?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
satomi said:
I just installed a hotbodies slash cut on my '05 1K on friday. After I removed the SET I got the FI light (no problems yet ) Then I clipped the brown #30 wire from the black 34 pin connector under the seat to cancel the FI light.
Well, you answered your own question, you clipped the wire on the wrong harness, it was supposed to be the 8th from the left on the top row from the GRAY HARNESS!!!

http://jsdproducts.com/docs/2005-set.pdf

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
^ what he said.

FYI, you can cut the wire and put electrical tape on both ends...that is what i did. Several hundred miles later, still going strong.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pabsy said:
clip or remove the #30 wire on the black ECM. i found it was easy to unplug both the black and grey ECM's and get at the wire. the pins on the ECM are 1-17 for 1 row, 18-34 for the other. clip it and the lite will be gone when you plug it all back in and fire up the bike.

(note the ecu is the black box next to the grey box diretly under the passenger seat, to unplug the black ecu tak 2 flat head screwdrivers 1 large 1 small as shown and press down on the tab with the small one and rotate the large one to lever off the cable)

take this time to zip tie all the cables together that you messed with on disassembly.
i also cleaned and reoiled my filter (BMC Race, reusable) since i had the tank up.
take your time putting the tailsection back together and it will be easy. it seemed like a lot of putzing when i looked at it initially but it was not too bad. don't forget to plug the tailite in or you'll get to take the tailsection apart again.
lower the tank and bolt it down.
install the side covers and the seat.
pop in the grommets on the right side fairing and the bottom 4mm allen bolt and you are done.
go for a ride and see if you can feel the 2RWHP and improved throttle response. eat your sangwich and have a deep meaningful discussion with your assistant about your mechanical prowess.
This is the thread I was going off when I did this. I found it under "Disabling your SET with pics" or something

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.