Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Under medium to hard breaking, I can feel and hear a single 'clack' in the handle bars as weight is transferred forward, and then another 'clack' when I've come to a stop (weight transferred back). It's pretty annoying as you can imagine. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Bent fork? Bent frame? I dunno...just throwing out some ideas.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well if you are kinda hard on the bike or have a lot of miles on it... i would check your head bearings... That is common to have problems... Also could be your fork bushings, or maybe even teh floaters on the front disks...

Lots of things it COULD be. How many miles on it?

John

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
Well if you are kinda hard on the bike or have a lot of miles on it... i would check your head bearings... That is common to have problems... Also could be your fork bushings, or maybe even teh floaters on the front disks...

Lots of things it COULD be. How many miles on it?

John
</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>it's got 23,500 km....which equates to...hmmm..14,687 miles

The rotors are new...so I HOPE it's not the rotors

[ 04-01-2002, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: superiorWANG ]

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
mmm with head bearings, mine would only make a tick noise after a wheelie (all weight is offloaded on the front headstem) then when braking hard it would go tick, this got worse and worse and decided to fixed it yesterday, as it was chattering in corners (too loose).. but when it gets loose again, time for new bearings.. (this was on the TLR)

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#6A7FB8" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#2f2f4f">Originally posted by Drizzt:
mmm with head bearings, mine would only make a tick noise after a wheelie (all weight is offloaded on the front headstem) then when braking hard it would go tick, this got worse and worse and decided to fixed it yesterday, as it was chattering in corners (too loose).. but when it gets loose again, time for new bearings.. (this was on the TLR)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea mine was a slight tick that drove me nuts cause I couldnt make it happen all the time, but it turned into a small clack, that is when I found it..
Easy to adjust and is a great place to start looking for a noise like that... and with 15K miles or so on the bike, i would bet on it...

John

·
Registered
617 Posts
Mine was clicking pretty bad at one point. I could feel the bars going diagonal at one point.

I had Computrack put on the tapered bearings. They need to be adjusted, I think they just set in.

By the way if you need steering bearings I have a set still new in box from the dealer. I paid about 80 but for a fellow gixxer.com member I will let them go for cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts