Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me gentlemen, but I would like to try some aftermarket clip-ons for my '02 600 that move the handlebars about one inch farther forward than stock and this measurement appears to be void from any product description I can find. Could any of you point me in the right direction for clip-ons like this? Thanks.

Brian.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
i dont know if they make them that way. but you can angle them further forward.. the best aftermarket clipons out there are the woodcraft clipons.. www.woodcraft-cfm.com but you could remove the screw from the bottom of your triple clamp on your stockers and rotate them further forward.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
hey brian
definitely remove the screw at the bottom
if you wreck it might save it too and not break off

see you in a couple weeks right

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to go farther than one inch, but I don't think I'll be able to get away with that. I've already rotated the stockers forward 10-15 degrees and lowered them about 1.5 inches and those are steps in the right direction, but they're not enough. I have long, gibbon-ape arms and simply need more reach.

Sadly, Sanee, I won't be doing the races at the end of this month, but It looks like I'll be going to Bloke's gig on the 23rd. How 'bout you?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
not too sure about blokes thing
$$$$$
saving it for racing only nowadays

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I do both, but I can't and the wife needs some track time before we go up to Barber in June. Hence, racing will be on the back burner for a few months.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I find the longer bars you get with the clipons along with moving the sweep angle wider is the best you'll be able to do. They all seem pretty similar in how far the bar is back from the fork tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts