Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 98 750 is exactly the same, very light ticking at idle. told by mate at suzuki garage that its perfectly normal and ok. he also says if cct was playing up, i'd know about it big stle !!
reading all this this cct business made me paranoid as well !!! but i'm thinking of fitting the 99 spec recall cct for good measure.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The stock 98 CCT is better then the 99 recal one... BUT!!!! Get the manual CT... It isnt worth the cost of a new motor if your chain lets go...

John

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that john. i'll get the ape manual thing that you've reccommended before, sounds good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well that is a sigh of relief... b/c i can't stand not being able to ride! having to go a day between selling my old bike and pickin this one up i was goin nuts, so i guess i should just toss the aperacing tensioner in there for safety's sake?

thanks a bunch!
ty

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Ok... I will tell you this... I WILL NEVER HAVE A BIKE WITH A AUTO CCT AGAIN. There is to much at risk when you turn a motor at that high RPM...

John

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey guys, i just picked up my 99 gixxer750 yesterday, i love it.
anyway with all this talk about CCT's and clicking noises and such, i went out and listened for any clicking noises. i can hear a clicking noise when it is idling, but it seems to dissappear after about 6 or 7000 revs (probably b/c of other engine noise?) so i was wondering if that was anything for me to worry about? It has around 8500KM on the bike (about 5300 Miles for you yanks
)
I don't know if it was taken care of as a suzuki recall, how would i know that?

Someone help if u can!! thanks a million

Tyler

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
look at it this way..........some auto (stock) CCT's have lasted months-(dont know if years) and others have lasted weeks, possibly even days. If you dont know how long its been in there (and even if you think u do), its only time b4 you might find out - the hard way - with potential catostophic results to the motor and possibly to you too ----ditch it, go manual, and concentrate on worrying about other things!!!

ps - gsxr freak knows best!!!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
TAKE IT FROM ME.. GET THE THING CHECKED OUT..MINE JUST DETONATED TODAY..HAVE A STRONG SUSPISION IT WAS THAT DAMNED CAM CHAIN BANDIT. Mine ticked alot between like 4500- 5500, then stopped and came back at around 7500rpm...i thought it was nothing , but apparantly it was...take the time to get it checked out before its too late..who knows how long I'll be out of comission now

[ 06-10-2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: psycho750R ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts