Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for those that have installed the tailight piece for a k6 600 or 750. It's the intergrated one that allows for the turnsignals to show on the taillight. My question is where do the 2 yellow wires go to? And if i don't hook those up would the backlight still work?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,498 Posts
i havnt done it but i would guess that the 2 yellow wire get bridged into your oem turn signals and if u dont hook it up it should still work as long as u plug in everything else.... didnt it come with instructions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
^ yup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm going to look for the instructions but i just received about 8 boxes full of stuff for my bike so I got a lot of stuff to look through. Anyone have the intergrated and like it or should i just not hook up the yellow wires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Problem is that I didn't want the intergrated one but they only offered those ones. I just wanted to smoke color for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
I got 'em. Hook 'em up...they look great. No "need" since your signals aren't on your fender, but like you said, got get the smoke you get the integrated.

I also faced the same dilemna...where exactly do you hook them up. Use the supplied "wire sockets" (or whatever they are called) and run the black wire (not the black/white) through one channel of the "socket" and the yellow wire from the tail through the other, then crimp lightly (press down the metal piece from the "socket" so the wires are connected). I say lightly since you might connect the wrong yellow wire to the wrong side signal, then have to switch to the other signal. I tried simply connecting the yellow wire closest to the right side to the right signal, but that was the wrong one (so right signal worked at the same time as left half of tail light). So just do one signal, then hook it up and make sure you got it right.

Hope it helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
palutz59 said:
Problem is that I didn't want the intergrated one but they only offered those ones. I just wanted to smoke color for them.
To be honest, I thought of those integrated tail lights, but never liked the idea of the blinkers inside the tail lights since the bike already comes with flush mounted nice looking turn signals, unlike other bikes or the 05 gsxrs. So I found the best and the cheapest way to deal with this problem.
Rode the bike to the local window tint shop for cars, and told the guy to lay a tint film on my tail lights, since I already had the clear altrntvs led turn signals with smoke covers.
It took the guy 30 minutes to do a great job and only $20. You can't tell there is a film on the tail light at all, they all match color/tint.

PS: Btw, another major reason for me to go to this route is, just incase I get a ticket for smoked rear end, I can change the turn signal covers to the stocks, and peel off the tint film from the tail light and fix the ticket, vs. taking the whole tail section off an so on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
JRDNGIXX said:
To be honest, I thought of those integrated tail lights, but never liked the idea of the blinkers inside the tail lights since the bike already comes with flush mounted nice looking turn signals, unlike other bikes or the 05 gsxrs. So I found the best and the cheapest way to deal with this problem.
Rode the bike to the local window tint shop for cars, and told the guy to lay a tint film on my tail lights, since I already had the clear altrntvs led turn signals with smoke covers.
It took the guy 30 minutes to do a great job and only $20. You can't tell there is a film on the tail light at all, they all match color/tint.

PS: Btw, another major reason for me to go to this route is, just incase I get a ticket for smoked rear end, I can change the turn signal covers to the stocks, and peel off the tint film from the tail light and fix the ticket, vs. taking the whole tail section off an so on.

Thats a good idea actually. Did he just tint the outside of the lens? Or did he take it off and do the inside? Just curious, if the outside gets wet if it would come off? Car window tint is laid on the interior thats why im asking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
stefman722 said:
Thats a good idea actually. Did he just tint the outside of the lens? Or did he take it off and do the inside? Just curious, if the outside gets wet if it would come off? Car window tint is laid on the interior thats why im asking.
Yeah bro, he did it from the outside. But keep in mind those tints have a glue to them. Once the water's gone between the film and the glass,or the plastic in our case, it sticks nasty. I cleaned it with honda spray a few times already, and it also got wet riding from the rear tire shooting water, no problems. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
JRDNGIXX said:
Yeah bro, he did it from the outside. But keep in mind those tints have a glue to them. Once the water's gone between the film and the glass,or the plastic in our case, it sticks nasty. I cleaned it with honda spray a few times already, and it also got wet riding from the rear tire shooting water, no problems. :cheers
cool, good to hear. Might actually go do that, thanks.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top