Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not clean my bike since I put away for the winter, my question is I have lots of dust particles on my blue tank, I was wondering how should I go about cleaning it, I'm trying to avoid getting a bunch of minor scratches (spider web) on the tank?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Just and FYI, spider web is a term used for cracking fiberglass that the cracks mimick that of a spider web.

Spray it off with water from the hose first, get all the big dust off, then use a sponge and soap and wash it, then re-rinse and dry, your all set. For side cleaning, not a full wash, I use Honda Polish with a microfiber cloth.

Scott

·
Registered
8,938 Posts
Just and FYI, spider web is a term used for cracking fiberglass that the cracks mimick that of a spider web.

Spray it off with water from the hose first, get all the big dust off, then use a sponge and soap and wash it, then re-rinse and dry, your all set. For side cleaning, not a full wash, I use Honda Polish with a microfiber cloth.

Scott
Yeah
What he said

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
19,371 Posts
you can get something called *clay magic* from any decent auto store. be sure to get teh blue not red,, red will fux0rz your tank.. follow the directions on teh box then finish off with a good wax

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
22,586 Posts
I have not clean my bike since I put away for the winter, my question is I have lots of dust particles on my blue tank, I was wondering how should I go about cleaning it, I'm trying to avoid getting a bunch of minor scratches (spider web) on the tank?
i think that he means swirl marks

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
19,371 Posts
i think that he means swirl marks
the stuff i mentioned also takes out swirls..

·
Registered
493 Posts
DON'T USE A SPONGE! Sponges tend to grather dust and dirt particles in the little holes they have and don't wash out as easily in soapy water. Use one of those cotten mitt's they sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.