Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend the best way. Mine seems to attract all kinds of crap and no amount of cleaning with various products gets the brushed titanium section clean. It's starting to look seriously second hand

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, it is a scary thing how debris-ridden that can can get, especially on the top side. Anyways, I asked the same thing here when I got my K5. One guy recomended WD-40, which I havent tried, but have faith in it (just dont have any wd-40 in my garage).

I personally have used H*nda Polish and Simichrome chrome polish. The simichrome ive used on the pipe and end cap on the back of the pipe. Those cleaned up beautifully. I also tried that product on the titanium canister surfaces. It cleaned off the crud no problem, but left a dark "stain", like it was wet. With a little elbow grease, the dark spots went away, and looked great. Same story with the H*nda polish, left a dark stain that went away with some rubbing.

If anyone else has a better suggestion, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I wipe it with kerosene, then I wash the bike. Luckily I have a compressor and I blow the bike dry afterwards. Looks new.

If it needs a touch up, kerosene then foamy window cleaner.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mine never gets dirty.... HAHAHAHA

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Can anyone recommend the best way. Mine seems to attract all kinds of crap and no amount of cleaning with various products gets the brushed titanium section clean. It's starting to look seriously second hand
Use a ScotchBrite type scuff pad on Titanium. It will make it look like new. It acts in the same way as wet color sanding does on paint. No need for any chemicals and I don't nor do the manufacturers recommend it other than soap when you wash the bike.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I use those 3M scubpads with water, works awesome, but dont scrub on the shiny part

I got one of those pads with my titanium Yosh exhaust

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I threw "Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish" on it and it made look like new ... So many Choices

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Nevr-dull works great on titanium... Just rip a bit off, rub it in the can, then use a clean rag to wipe it back off... No staining, no mess, quick and easy, and makes it look brand new... Mothers polish would be my 2nd choice...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I use WD-40 to clean it. Then I use a different rag with McGuires quick detailer to take the wd-40 off since it attracts dust. It works like a charm, and it looks like new.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Honduh Polish

·
Registered
980 Posts
Use some metal polish (copper, steel, alu,...) if the dirt has been burnt in. Afterwards use some WD40.

Perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts