Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
thanks for the link Beair! That is sweet.... Not to be too picky (only because I have the same bike with only 2390 miles), but either the mirrors have been painted or have a ton of armor all on them, the stalks are a gloss white, but the mirrors themselves are a matte white finish originally... Reserve seems a little high, $7k seems appropriate, especially withe the refirb he's done.... Whatever the reserve, I hope he gets it.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I watched that bike all the way to $8,900 and didn't meet the reserve. I have that same bike but not in that condition and was pulling for him to run that up.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
10,000... that’s a lot of money for me but I’d love these bikes to go up and up.. obviously I’m sitting on a few and I’m sorry for anyone trying to get in as the price goes up BUT... what do you think a really clean 91-92 is worth.. I ask cause I just bought a 92 100% all original (tool kit included) 750. (Mod. I understand your rules about asking prices and the bike ends up for sale). This bike is a keeper for me. 4,300 mi bike. Original tires. Bike had been sitting in a bedroom for 20something years.. there are some minor scratches on the decals (Black and grey model).. just wondering not so much as to what I can get for it more as how great a score I found I guess. I’m on my phone and don’t know how to post a pic but I have a picture of it in my garage here. Have a great day

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's always interesting to see what the really clean, original examples command...although the reserve wasn't met, as bids reached $8900US, there was definitely strong interest in it.
Was the market ready for 10 grand, or was it the wrong time of year etc? That particular bike wasn't 100% perfect, but I think we can all agree that it was pretty damn nice.
They are only original once, you can restore them over and over.
If you've ever restored a bike, a car or a toaster, you soon realize that you can easily spend double what it's worth, trying to bring them up to show room level.
That's why it always pays to buy the nicest example that you can find.
Over time, those clean, original bikes become unicorns and values continue to go up, as long as there is still interest in them.

OG, start a thread and post up some pictures of your bikes. You have some interesting bikes and projects!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Beairsto Racing- Thank You.. I will very soon. I didn’t wanna hi-jack the post really and I’m sorry if I have.. to the original poster I did watch that bike and checked it often.. and to everyone... I do care what they go for in price but to be honest I’m a horder of oil cooled GIXXERS and I admit it... but it’s nice to see a clean bike sell for good money ONLY so I can forward it to my friends and say... “See, I’m not 100% CRAZY”

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I guess I should have taken a second to look up and see you are the original poster.. Hello Sir, sorry about that. I also see your in Canada... I used to live in NH and every year the Canadians would come down for the Loudon Classic races... Some CRAZY Canadians out there Sir!!!

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries...I wasn't criticizing you. I was genuinely encouraging you to share your collection. I saw your post in the picture thread. It's nice to see a new oil-cooled member.
Yes, there are quite a few hoarders in this section!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts