Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody tell me where this is on my bike? I've been trying to find it so I can plug in my portable DVD player for the long rides. I can't believe I paid this much money for this damn bike and they didn't even show me where the plug in was.

I thought I was onto something when I finally got that plastic place holder thing off with a crowbar. Those lazy bastards at the dealership didn't even put my back seat on and just handed it to me. They said something about the seat was sturdy enough for a cow. That's all fine and good but why didn't they put the damn thing on for me?

ANyway, now that I got that place holder plastic thing off with my crowbar I find out that ther is NO DAMN ligher plug in and nothing but a little bag full of funny shaped toys. That's cool and all that they give you toys to play with but I'd much rather watch my DVD player. Now I can't seem to get the seat to attach as something that looks similar to a door latch came off with that plastic cow holder thing. Can I just superglue or hot glue the seat back?

Where is the fuckin' ligher plug? I'm thinkin' about just unplugin' 2 of my cyclinders and tryin' to wire something up with the plug caps. I think it'd be cool to have an in line twin anyway. This would probably give me more torque too right? I guess I could sacrifice a little revs for some more low end torque PLUS my DVD player would work.

So anyway, where is this damn plug? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Some bikes didnt come with cig lighters. Suzuki's quality control sucks.

The cig lighter just below the front left turn signal. I was told that even though the lighter outles isnt there, the wiring will be. Just drill a 1 inch hole below the turn signal and pull the wires out. Then go to radio shack and but a cig outlet to it in the hole.

Post pics and instructions if you do this. I want put a cig lighter on my bike, But I'm afraid to cut the plastics.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dude i got one on mine but i have to have the motor running for about an hour or so then stick my smoke up under the front fairing to light it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Shit I had two cig lighters on my bike, I had one for my dvd player and I had the other one hooked up to my PS2 so i can play games while stuck in traffic if you need directions on how to do it email me at [email protected]

Late

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've also thought about mounting an AC outlet converter for those long camping trips. What do you guys think?

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I installed this unbder the rear seat acoule of weeks ago, now everything is great.....

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
you moron, thats a power convertor, not an amp

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
opps, invertor, i always screw that up

·
Registered
87 Posts
The cigarette lighter is under the gas cap, duh, just in case it gets cold the push the cigarette lighter in to keep the water out of the gas!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know its an invertor(notice the
) by it. It made be think of when my office got broken into, and my invertor was stolen aswell. They caught the guys, and asked them (along w/ the other stuff they stole) where my invertor was, they said they never stole an invertor, but they had an amp the got
stupid thieves

·
Registered
889 Posts
Originally posted by onyxZR2:
Damn, a 600w amp
, bet your subs are thumpin' hard! BTW, where did you mount your subs at?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">damn squids
Dont you know thats an external fuel distrubition relay w/ built in power inverter, and ass warmer?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Originally posted by PKassab:
Shit I had two cig lighters on my bike, I had one for my dvd player and I had the other one hooked up to my PS2 so i can play games while stuck in traffic if you need directions on how to do it email me at [email protected]

Late
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">PK, your email doesnt work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts